Interior Engineer Yacht building
- Sector: Ship & Yacht Engineering
- Location: Zeeland, Rotterdam and Amsterdam area
- Industry: Ship- and Yachtbuilding
- Hours per week: 32-40
- Areas of expertise: Interieur
- Education level: Bachelor/ Master
Are you a star in engineering interiors to scale and do you have a passion for yachts? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
About the job
As an Interior Engineer you fulfill an important role in the design phase of a superyacht. Eventually, you will see your drawings go into production and at some point you will walk inside the yacht that you engineered.
Here are the tasks:
- You receive renders from the design office and turn them into 1:10/1:20 drawings.
- After approval from the Interior Discipline Leader, you work out your drawing based on the REG Yacht Code into an integral design
- You are responsible for the realization of the engineering for the entire interior of the superyacht
- You prepare the box drawing to be ready for production by conforming the details with different departments such as Electrical, Mechanical, and Outfitting.
- You notice challenges in the manufacturability of your design, inform the Interior Discipline Leader on time, and make changes in consultation
For this role we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- You have at least Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture or Industrial Design (or similar)
- You have at least four years of experience in the yacht building industry
- You know better than anyone how to make a 3D drawing, especially in programs such as AutoCAD
- It's a plus when you know programs such as TopSolid'Wood, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor and Rhinoceros
- You are skillful in making drawings, in 1:10, 1:20, and 1:50 scale;
- You are familiar with the REG Yacht Code;
- You are proactive, social and can function well in a multidisciplinary environment;
- You have spatial and technical insight, with an eye for detail;
- You know how to find a suitable solution for every challenge;
Working at Forexx
Our motto for our employees is "Unleash Your Second Power". We will put you and your knowledge, skills, and drive at center stage. This means that we will first take a close look at your talents and then see what opportunities and challenging projects match them.
Are we a match? Great, then we offer the following:
- Challenging assignments with leading clients.
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits.
- A career plan & training and coaching
- A professional program focused on personal development.
- An interesting network of colleagues in the fields of techniques and technology with whom you can get acquainted during frequent, pleasant information and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Relocation and expat support
- Forexx does not only look at context, but also if there is a personal match
- Forexx helps you with your Future Employability: Unleash your second power
- We work for top companies within our branches
Leave your CV here