Lead Specialist Mechanical
- Sector: Ship & Yacht Engineering
- Location: Rotterdam area
- Industry: Naval
- Hours per week: 32-40
- Areas of expertise: Naval Architecture
- Education level: -
Are you well-experienced within the naval engineering industry? We would like to connect with you! We are looking for a Lead Specialist Mechanical.
About the job
The Lead Specialist Mechanical is responsible for promoting efficient and consistent engineering processes and standards within the relevant field, and to provide technical support for other departments within the field. You provide temporary and, where necessary, operational support in the area of responsibilities for projects within the Engineering department.
More specific, your job tasks entail:
- Receiving the department objectives from the Technical Manager;
- Providing technical support to colleagues who are involved in the development or elaboration of standards;
- Taking measures and actions to arrive at standards within the field. You consult with others about the standards to be made. In addition, you check and propose standards for release;
- Evaluating the application of standards over time and following up on this evaluation (learning cycle);
- Making proposals for improvement of the engineering end products and technical concepts and taking care of implementation;
- Functionally ensuring that standards, processes, knowledge, etc. are consistently applied within the engineering projects;
- Providing solicited and unsolicited technical advice to engineering projects and all other technical departments;
- If requested, could temporarily take over the position of Team Leader, Lead Engineer or Technical specialist in the relevant field.
For this position, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- Extensive knowledge of yacht building, engineering processes and some knowledge of business aspects;
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of AutoCad;
- Knowledge of and experience in Cadmatic is a plus;
- Excellent Dutch and English communicating skills, written and verbally.
Working at Forexx
Our motto for our employees is "Unleash Your Second Power". We will put you and your knowledge, skills, and drive at center stage. This means that we will first take a close look at your talents and then see what opportunities and challenging projects match them.
Are we a match? Good, then we would like to offer you:
- Challenging jobs at prominent clients.
- Competitive salary and secondary employment conditions.
- Great facilities to support you in your job and task.
- Guidance for personal development.
- An interesting network of colleagues in the field of Technique and Technology. Frequently, we organize information and knowledge sessions, as well as informal drinks.
- Forexx does not only look at context, but also if there is a personal match
- Forexx helps you with your Future Employability: Unleash your second power
- We work for top companies within our branches
Leave your CV here