Project Lead Mechanical Engineering
- Sector: Ship & Yacht Engineering
- Location: The Netherlands
- Industry: Project Management, Mechanical Engineering
- Hours per week: 32-40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: Bachelor/ Master
Are you a star in mechanical engineering and do you have a passion for yachts? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
About the job
Project Lead Mechanical holds a critical role in leading and developing the mechanical discipline project team as well as monitoring the project progress in regard to supervised discipline in compliance with adopted standards and customer requirements.
You will lead the project teams that will create the technical design for the building construction of the yacht. You are the central contact person for all installations, pipelines, engine room and sanitary units on board, during construction of the yacht. You will be working in the highest division of yacht building, where the scope and complexity of systems is rapidly developing. As soon as engineering has determined the specifications, you are responsible for managing the project on behalf of the Mechanical discipline.
Here are the tasks:
- Defining required drawings, calculations and technical documentation, based on project assumptions and other available information.
- Ensuring the implementation of project tasks in accordance with the requirements of the Client and the Classification Society, and taking into account the production requirements and also preparing of the mechanical discipline project documentation accordingly with the use of optimal solutions, both technical and economical, as well as supervision over that work.
- Coordination of project work performed by engineers and external partners.
- Clarifying technical inquiries from the Purchasing, Customers and Production Department.
- Providing instructions and supervising the work of the project team.
- You coordinate the project requirements, deadlines and scheduling, and confirm these with the interdisciplinary team members of shipbuilding, interior and exterior.
- You oversee the complete project, monitor the planning and budget in great detail, and guarantee progress
For this role we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- You have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- You have an experience as a project leader mechanical so you have managerial skills and you know project management
- You have a strong background in mechanical engineering
- You have experience in yacht building
- You have experience in Autocad and it is a plus if you know Cadmatic
Working at Forexx
Our motto for our employees is "Unleash your second power". We will put you and your knowledge, skills, and drive at center stage. This means that we will first take a close look at your talents and then see what opportunities and challenging projects match them.
Are we a match? Great, then we offer the following:
- Challenging assignments with leading clients.
- Competitive salary (range between € 4.400,- and € 5.500,-) and fringe benefits.
- A career plan & training and coaching.
- A professional program focused on personal development.
- An interesting network of colleagues in the fields of techniques and technology with whom you can get acquainted during frequent, pleasant information and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Relocation and expat support.
- Forexx does not only look at context, but also if there is a personal match
- Forexx helps you with your Future Employability: Unleash your second power
- We work for top companies within our branches
Leave your CV here