Project Leader Engineering
- Sector: Ship & Yacht Engineering
- Location: Rotterdam
- Industry: Naval
- Hours per week: 32-40
- Areas of expertise: Naval Architecture
- Education level: Bachelor/ Master
Are you goal-oriented and precise? We would like to connect with you! We are looking for a project leader engineering.
About the job
As a project leader Engineering, you will be responsible for different engineering projects. Together with several parties such as your own team, hired employees, and external stakeholders, you will provide the engineering package. You will make sure every product is delivered on time, and meets the required quality standards.
Concrete, your job tasks entail:
- Translating new engineering projects into project objectives – planning, budget, necessary crew members;
- Formulating goals for direct reports, follow their implementation, and adjust where necessary;
- Monitoring project execution, and reporting this to other stakeholders. Reports can consist of hours, progress, and product assessments;
- Processing technical input from the Design department, and sending technical content to the engineering project team. You will take technical decisions where necessary, because you are the technical point of contact in the project team;
- Ensuring correct interpretation and application of regulations applicable to ships;
- Organizes and directs the Engineering Project Team Consultation;
- Advises and signals on the personal development of employees within the department;
- Does proposals for improvement of the organization, processes and methods within and outside his department and stimulates others within the organization to do this;
- If necessary, take over the tasks of the group leader engineering / section leader engineering.
For this position, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in corresponding job position;
- Experience in yacht- and shipbuilding;
- Practical experience with software programs like AutoCAD, and relatives;
- Excellent Dutch and English communicating skills, written and verbally.
Working at Forexx
Our motto for our employees is "Unleash Your Second Power". We will put you and your knowledge, skills, and drive at center stage. This means that we will first take a close look at your talents and then see what opportunities and challenging projects match them.
Are we a match? Good, then we would like to offer you:
- Challenging jobs at prominent clients;
- Competitive salary and secondary employment conditions;
- Great facilities to support you in your job and task;
- Guidance for personal development;
- An interesting network of colleagues in the field of Technique and Technology. Frequently, we organize information and knowledge sessions, as well as informal drinks.