System Engineering Expert
- Sector: High Tech
- Location: Eindhoven
- Industry: Semiconductor industrie
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: -
As System Engineering Expert within Quality and Reliability, you are responsible for the realization and management of product quality and reliability targets in product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, e.g. advanced development, product development, launch and/or sustaining.
You will be mainly involved in designing in, proving and improving quality, reliability and regulatory (e.g. safety, environmental, EMC) aspects in healthcare products and associated production processes. In your role, you will define and manage the quality and reliability strategy in a professional way and take responsibility for execution and delivery of results. You will maintain and develop knowledge and expertise resulting in service propositions that are attractive to your customers.
About the job
• Apply and Facilitate Design for Quality, Reliability, and Testing (DfX) best practices in development projects.
• Work with project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to identify and manage Quality and Reliability requirements
• Develop actionable quality management plans to release products and processes according to specified quality levels
• Manage & execute risk identification activities, e.g. set up the risk management plan, facilitate e.g. user, design or process FMEA, fault tree analysis, …
• Set up and manage design, parameter and/or process optimization, verification and validation test activities.
• Use established Business Excellence methodologies such as DfSS, DMAIC, Statistical Engineering (Shainin tools), PDCA, Kaizen events, SPC, 8D ...
• Provide data driven expert opinion on root cause analysis of failure modes
• Liaise with other expert centers, lab facilities to execute reliability investigations and tests
• Deploy best practices for quality, reliability and requirements engineering globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching to enhance maturity
• Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these
• Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
The Product Quality & Reliability team is part of Reliability Solutions service and is a dynamic group of more than 20 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering. As part of the Q&R service, they have direct access to a broad range of product reliability test- and material analyze facilities and experts.
All are DfSS Green belt or Black Belt, active in designing in or improving reliability of complex, innovative products and processes for our customers from both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies, located all over the world
• PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a business R&D environment
• Experience of working in a regulated environment or a medical device company has a strong preference
• A proven track record in the application of quality and reliability best practices (DfSS, DfR)
• Experience in manufacturing quality control and improvement programs is highly preferred.
• In-depth knowledge and a proven track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields of design in quality and reliability, testing and problem solving techniques and quality tools in projects
• DfSS/DMAIC Black Belt or equal by experience
• You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions.
• Excellent reporting and documentation skills
• Experience with working with quality and reliability tools and templates, e.g. Minitab, JMP, Reliasoft, FMEA, FTA, HAZOP, …
• Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with business stakeholders
• Good project management skills
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are :
• Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change.
• Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies.
• Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player.
• Fluent in English
• Willing to travel a substantial part of the job.
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
Coaching on hard and soft skills;
An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
Question? Contact us
Please contact: Irene Naus
+31 (0) 40 - 2916450