- Sector: Marine & Offshore
- Location: Rotterdam area
- Industry: Shipbuilding
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: Engineering, Shipbuilding
- Education level: HBO+
Are you analytically strong, and have an hands-on mentality? We would like to connect with you! We are looking for an assistant manager.
About the job
As an assistant manager, you will be part of the Shipbuilding Engineering department. This department is involved with the technical design and construction of yachts. Your responsibility lies in assisting the manager with keeping overview, and leading the construction project.
More specific, your job tasks entail:
- Managing and keeping a close eye on the project schedule;
- Supporting the manager and project team so they can perform their job properly;
- Assessing day to day procedures, and implementing improvements;
- Supervising and coaching the team;
- Reporting to manager and other stakeholders;
- Replacing manager’s role in his absence.
For this position, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of shipbuilding;
- At least 5 years of experience in a managing position – preferable in the shipbuilding industry;
- Demonstrable experience with project management, including planning and budget control;
- You are approachable, and have a natural affinity with personal relations;
- You are process-minded, and have eye for problem solving;
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbally.
Working at Forexx
Forexx is a secondment and consultancy company for technical professionals. We focus on several niche markets (Civil, High Tech, Manufacturing, Marine & Offshore) in the technical & technology domain. We support our project based clients with capacity, expertise, or optimalisation and transition requests. Our market is broadly oriented with small companies as well as multinationals. What they all have in common: the spirit of a start-up when it comes to developing and improving their product or concept.
You will be permanently employed, and seconded for long-term or short-term projects at one of our clients. At Forexx, we embrace our responsibility for great employability. Therefore, we constantly stimulate a durable employment rate for our professionals. We work with short and clear communication within our enthusiastic team. But, more importantly, we always stay personally connected to our professionals.
Our motto is ‘The Future of Employability’: prepare companies for the future by finding the right staff. We believe that people are the most valuable asset to a business when it comes to achieving future success.
Are we a match? Good, then we would like to offer you:
- Challenging jobs at prominent clients;
- Competitive salary and secondary employment conditions;
- Great facilities to support you in your job and task;
- Guidance for personal development;
- An interesting network of colleagues in the field of Technique and Technology. Frequently, we organize information and knowledge sessions, as well as informal drinks.
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie