Lead Specialist Mechanical
- Sector: Marine & Offshore
- Location: Rotterdam area
- Industry: Naval
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: Naval Architecture
- Education level: HBO
Are you well-experienced within the naval engineering industry? We would like to connect with you! We are looking for a Lead Specialist Mechanical.
About the job
The Lead Specialist Mechanical is responsible for promoting efficient and consistent engineering processes and standards within the relevant field, and to provide technical support for other departments within the field. You provide temporary and, where necessary, operational support in the area of responsibilities for projects within the Engineering department.
More specific, your job tasks entail:
- Receiving the department objectives from the Technical Manager;
- Providing technical support to colleagues who are involved in the development or elaboration of standards;
- Taking measures and actions to arrive at standards within the field. You consult with others about the standards to be made. In addition, you check and propose standards for release;
- Evaluating the application of standards over time and following up on this evaluation (learning cycle);
- Making proposals for improvement of the engineering end products and technical concepts and taking care of implementation;
- Functionally ensuring that standards, processes, knowledge, etc. are consistently applied within the engineering projects;
- Providing solicited and unsolicited technical advice to engineering projects and all other technical departments;
- If requested, could temporarily take over the position of Team Leader, Lead Engineer or Technical specialist in the relevant field.
For this position, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- Extensive knowledge of yacht building, engineering processes and some knowledge of business aspects;
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of AutoCad;
- Knowledge of and experience in Cadmatic is a plus;
- Excellent Dutch and English communicating skills, written and verbally.
Working at Forexx
Forexx is a secondment and consultancy company for technical professionals. We focus on several niche markets (Civil, High Tech, Manufacturing, Marine & Offshore) in the technical & technology domain. We support our project based clients with capacity, expertise, or optimalisation and transition requests. Our market is broadly oriented with small companies as well as multinationals. What they all have in common: the spirit of a start-up when it comes to developing and improving their product or concept.
You will be permanently employed, and seconded for long-term or short-term projects at one of our clients. At Forexx, we embrace our responsibility for great employability. Therefore, we constantly stimulate a durable employment rate for our professionals. We work with short and clear communication within our enthusiastic team. But, more importantly, we always stay personally connected to our professionals.
Our motto is ‘The Future of Employability’: prepare companies for the future by finding the right staff. We believe that people are the most valuable asset to a business when it comes to achieving future success.
Are we a match? Good, then we would like to offer you:
- Challenging jobs at prominent clients.
- Competitive salary and secondary employment conditions.
- Great facilities to support you in your job and task.
- Guidance for personal development.
- An interesting network of colleagues in the field of Technique and Technology. Frequently, we organize information and knowledge sessions, as well as informal drinks.
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie