- Sector: Marine & Offshore
- Location: Rotterdam area
- Industry: Maritime
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: -
Are you a mechanical engineer with experience in the shipbuilding industry and looking for a new challenge?
About the job
As Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for analysing, designing and drawing the machinery part of different kind of vessels . You will work according to customer requirements, as well as technical and operational guidelines, in order to contribute to efficient production and maximising quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of the equipment.
You will be responsible for;
- creating and examining drawings for consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness;
- setting up and completing 2D drawings and/or a 3D model of the construction, systems, equipment and procedures, based on relevant information, specifications, rules and regulations, yard standards, service spaces, maintenance and various components;
-creating and examining drawings for consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness
- performing initial opportunity and risk analyses
- revising the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others and discussing these with the Lead Engineer;
- A bachelor or master degree in Mechanical engineering;
- A couple years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in basic and detail engineering;
- knowledge of shipbuilding classification rules
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
• Competitive salary;
• Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
• Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
• Coaching on hard and soft skills;
• Challenging assignments;
• An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
Vragen? Neem contact op
Mike van Strien
Accountmanager Marine & Offshore
Tel: +31 (0) 40 29 164 50
Mob: +31 (0)6 22 990 758
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie