- Sector: High Tech
- Location: Eindhoven
- Industry: High Tech
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: -
The Innovation Site Eindhoven is a dynamic innovation site for medical B2C products, part of Innovation & Development (I&D).
About the job
The Innovation Site Eindhoven is a dynamic innovation site for medical B2C products, part of Innovation & Development (I&D). The Innovation Site focuses on the development of medical and non-medical endorsed lifestyle products, and is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions within the organizations strategy. They are looking at a very challenging growth task to bring faster and more new ideas to the global market.
One of the key growth areas at the Innovation Site Eindhoven is the Mother and Child Care (M&CC) category. The M&CC team is committed to supporting parents and their babies, giving them the best start in life to set the stage for healthy futures.
The Mother & Childcare set-up is international, with supply centers and strategic suppliers spread around the world. The primary working location for this position is the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. You report to Group Lead LCM Mechanical Engineering, Packaging and TPD.
The LCM mechanical team is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining the technical product documentation during the lifecycle phase of innovative products. We optimize and update existing product concepts within cross-functional teams including the marketing/sales and manufacturing organizations.
The Life Cycle Management team analyzes product issues in the market (root-cause analysis of both production problems and consumer complaints) and takes corrective actions if required, by defining and executing changes on existing products. The customer is responsible to make sure that any design change meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations, validation and verification.
The key responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer are:
- You define, create, update and maintain the technical product documentation including 3-D models and 2-D drawings, BOM structure, Design History Files and Device Master Records.
- You implement Engineering Change Tasks to update and manage the configuration of products and by this maintaining the Technical Product Documentation in our product PLM system Windchill.
- Reviewing changes on Bill of Materials as well as Technical Product Documentation together with Development leads, packaging engineers and/or factories.
- Writing compliance RFQ’s for test houses, test design for internal testing and verification reports afterwards.
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Engineering.
- 2-5 years of relevant engineering experience is required in the fields like consumer goods, fast moving goods, toys, automotive, consumer electronic devices or medical devices
- Experience with technical product data management (Bill of material, drawings)
- Experience in writing product development-related technical documentation (e.g. test plan, test reports, technical risk analysis, etc.)
- Experience with products physical testing and FEM analysis.
- Experience with injection-molded plastic parts design and tolerance analysis for mass production.
- Track record in using PTC Creo Parametric and Minitab (statistical analysis).
- Experience with Windchill is an advantage
- Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma methodology
- Team player
- Customer focused and a quality-oriented mindset
- Able to identify product and users related risks
- Assertive and meticulous: make sure that procedures and standards are duly followed
- Eager to learn and improve the way of working
- Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel
- Fluent in English (writing and talking)
- Experience in communicating with a diversity of stakeholders
- Accurate in writing and verbal communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- Committed to meet agreed timelines
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie