Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Sector: High Tech
- Location: Eindhoven
- Industry: Semiconductor industrie
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: -
As (Lead) or Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of lead designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost-effectiveness of the systems.
About the job
The most important tasks are related to the development process. This process consists of the following phases:
- Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
- System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
- Coming up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: Leading a team of approximately 5 to 10 lead designers/architects
- System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts
- Production release: Release of the design for production
- Contributing to the system road-maps
- Participating in further developments of the necessary critical mechanical competencies.
- Setting priorities within the mechanical team and reporting routinely to the project manager
- Coaching and training mechanical engineers
- Providing direction to the Way of Working
You will report to the Group Lead Mechanics.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a high-tech environment.
- Experience with drafting design principles, precise positioning and dynamic behaviour.
- Experience in planning mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V-Model.
- Experience in DfX is an advantage as well as creating strength calculations in the area of thermal and mechanical designs.
- You have experience in working with NX and Teamcenter.
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink and/or related development tools.
- You are a natural leader; you know how to direct technical project teams.
- You think out-of-the-box.
- You maintain a helicopter view.
- You are able to communicate clearly and capable of presenting your choices orally.
- You are capable of reporting in a structured manner.
- You act as a catalyst; you challenge others and you come up with innovative ideas.
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie