- Sector: Marine & Offshore
- Location: Netherlands
- Industry: Maritime
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: HBO Werktuigbouwkunde
As Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the design, calculation and drawing in consultation with the customer. You keep into account all relevant standards, safety rules, quality and inspection requirements.
About the job
- translating customer requirements into functional basic designs;
- assessing the design to verify strength and rigidity through calculations and detailed FEM analysis;
- advising the project engineers on structural design improvements;
- reporting on the strength and rigidity of structures for third-party certification;
- keeping in close contact with the project team, customers and suppliers;
- making mechanical calculations for the design and certification of tools;
- Bachelor or master degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- Experience using 3D CAD packages (Solid Edge or Autodesk Inventor) and FEM software (Femap, Ansys or Abaqus);
- Ability to conduct strength calculations;
- Strong command of English, both verbal and written, as well as moderate Dutch skills.
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie