- Sector: High Tech
- Location: Best
- Industry: Engineering
- Hours per week: 40
- Areas of expertise: -
- Education level: -
Digital pathology, which can also be referred to as virtual microscopy, involves the capturing, managing, analyzing and interpreting of digital information from a glass slide containing the tissue that needs to be inspected. Computational pathology uses the power of deep learning and AI powered image analytics to enhance diagnostic precision and transform the next generation of pathologists. We develop our solutions together with the best partners in the industry.
In this role, you will strengthen the Scanner Systems team with brain- and man-power to ensure the timely release of high quality products and systems to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment. You will work on the development and implementation of scanner solutions on top of Digital & Computational Pathology (DPC) portfolio, which will help pathologist to improve the quality and speed of their work.
About the job
Within this role you will be able to:
- Work inside the scanner team with external partners, customers, and engineering and research teams in a multi-disciplinary and x-functional setting developing pathology scanners for Digital & Computational Pathology.
- Responsible for the exploration of the design, the realization, the integration, the testing and the debugging of a system, subsystem and component, and understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture.
- Develop the work with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for created designs.
- Develop based on the functional, non-functional - and design-specifications and test, analyze and verify the performance.
- Debug and analyze systematically in case of technically challenges, define next steps, draw conclusions and present to architects, (senior) system engineers and developers.
- Communicate clearly on progress in a structured and methodical way and be responsible budget.
- Communicate consequences of the design to the architecture team.
- Deliver input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Perform work in line with the product development processes in accordance with the (medical) quality management system.
- Keep up-to-date with new technology developments.
- Drive activities and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital & Computational Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Masters (or PhD degree), preferably in either Physics, Mechanical, Electrical engineering, Applied Mathematics;
- 3 years of experience as a system engineer, preferably within the medical industry, with:
- o Systems and system integration
- o Product creation
- o Experimental setup designs
- o Optics, mechatronics, mechanics, electronics, hardware and software
- o Control systems (incl. signal processing)
- o C, C++, Python, Matlab, Simulink
- o Linux
- o Statistical modeling & analysis
- Self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset;
- Generalist with hands-on experience is critical;
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and (is willing to learn) the Dutch language;
- Affinity and experience with working in cross functional teams;
- Affinity with system reliability is preferred;
- Experience with mechatronics and electrics is required;
- Experience with image analysis and optics is preferred;
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, IEC60601, IEC61010, IEC62304, ISO13485, etc.) is preferred;
- Focus on good documentation practices (GDP);
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement.
Working at Forexx
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
- Forexx kijkt niet alleen naar een inhoudelijke, maar vooral ook naar een persoonlijke match
- Forexx werkt mee aan jouw Future Employability
- Wij werken voor de topbedrijven in onze branches
Laat hier je CV achter voor een open sollicitatie